After making the Taco Seasoning, I wanted new ways to use it! Nothing wrong with regular tacos – I just wanted something a little different. Fortunately for me, I found this recipe on No. 2 Pencil I knew exactly what to do. Quick and easy – just mix up the meat, stuff the peppers, and let your slow cooker do the rest! I switched out enchilada sauce for taco seasoning and forgot to mix in the cheese. (I just melted some on top.) However, these stuffed peppers still tasted delicious! Definitely give these Taco Stuffed Peppers a try and see for yourself!
Ground beef, flavored with taco seasoning and onions, then stuffed into bell peppers for some Taco Stuffed Peppers.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- green onions, sliced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- sour cream, (optional)
- Cut tops from peppers and remove seeds. Dice pepper tops.
- Mix diced peppers, beef, onion, taco seasoning, and rice.
- Stuff mixture into bell peppers.
- Pour ~1/4 cup water into bottom of pot and place peppers inside.
- Cook about 4 hours or until done.
- (optional) Serve with cheese, green onions, and sour cream.