With the recent sales on spinach, I stocked up. I almost expected James, a devout missionary evangelizing on the joys of bacon cheeseburgers and Krispy Kreme doughnuts to rebel against these spinach patties, but his parents fed him a good diet with many vegetable dishes. However, the preparation of Asian-style vegetable dishes (aside from your basic stir fry) can get quite involved and time-consuming, so I was on the lookout for something a little faster. I wasn’t sure what I’d make with the spinach – until I thought about Zucchini Fritters.
If you’re a spinach fan already, this recipe might be a bit on the heavier side, but it’s still lots of fun to eat. Although we ate these spinach patties as a side dish, you could very easily make larger patties for burgers or just a nice snack.
Spinach Patties by Morsels of Life
These hearty, filling spinach patties with a bit of cheese are sure to satisfy the palate and the belly.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 7.5 – 10 ounces spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all materials, mixing well.
- Form patties, and then cook in a greased pan about 5 minutes on each side. I made smaller patties and used them as a side/appetizer, but you could easily make larger patties for burgers.