I still had some cranberries in the freezer, so I figured I’d make some Cranberry Sweet Potato Quick Bread. The sweet potatoes and cranberries make this bread look a bit festive – perfect for brightening up your morning just a bit. :) I’d even call this bread healthy – only a quarter cup each of butter and sugar per loaf. (You could go lower depending on your sweet potatoes and preferences.
Plus, you’ve got cranberries, considered a superfruit, and sweet potatoes, ranked #1 in nutritional value by the Center for Science in the Public Interest. This bread tasted sweet and tangy on its own, but next time, I might add some chopped nuts for extra texture.
- 1.5 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half white.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Form Dry Team by mixing flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Form Wet Team by mixing remaining materials.
- Introduce the two teams.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake at 350F until golden brown and delicious.
Linked to: Ingredient Spotlight