After making these Swirl Biscuits, I knew I wanted something similar I could eat with dinner, maybe as a side. I thought back to some of my Five Friday Finds and this recipe from Moms with Crockpots came to mind (featured here). Looking over the recipe, it was just what I wanted. Except the cook time was 10 hours, and I had less than 1 until dinner. I figured if I went ahead and chopped up the taters, I could get them ready faster by boiling. After cooking the taters, just let most of the water boil off, throw some cheese on top, and then mix in your toppings. I just used green onions and bacon bits, but don’t let me limit you. Pretty much everything you’d put in or on a baked potato would work well here! Give these Bacon Cheese Potatoes a try and see how tasty you can make them!
Creamy potato chunks flavored up with cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon bits.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled (or bacon bits)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced or cubed
- 5 potatoes, chunked
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Boil/steam potatoes until cooked in the smallest amount of water possible.
- Drain water from potatoes after cooking if needed.
- Top potatoes with cheese, then bacon and green onions (and anything else you’d like).
- Close the lid, and wait until cheese melts, then fold in toppings to desired level before serving.