As soon as I saw this recipe on Picture Perfect Meals, I knew I wanted to make it. Fortunately, I’d just gotten some button mushrooms on sale. Don’t you just love it when tasty recipes and sales match up? I know I usually “wing it” depending on which items were on sale in a given week. But just “winging it” often means I’m scrambling around meal time. Luckily for me, James isn’t picky. Generally speaking, if it’s edible, he’ll eat it.
Anyway, back to the shrooms. These Balsamic Garlic Mushrooms work perfectly if you’re scrambling at meal time since they don’t take long to make. If you’ve got everything together and plan ahead, you could even oven roast your mushrooms. Either way, you’ll have super tasty garlicky mushrooms with a bit of sweet tang and plenty of requests for seconds!
Mushrooms cooked with a bit of tangy balsamic vinegar and a garlicky butter sauce.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered (I used button.)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Parsley Butter, (optional – use instead of garlic, butter, and parsley)
- Melt butter and cook garlic until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and balsamic vinegar, cooking mushrooms to desired tenderness.
- Stir in parsley and serve.